Monday 23 September 2013

2014 Dressing Up - Fashion Week

Fashion Readings:
Missoni Spring 2014 | Milan Fashion Week

Dressing Down: Easy Summer Pieces


Top: Tibi 'Relaxed Drapped Shirred Cami' (on sale) | Leather Vest: Warehouse |
Shorts: J.Crew (casual prom dresses) | Bag: ASOS (love this one) | Sunglasses: Forever21 | Watch: ASOS |
About the Look:
A couple of weeks ago, I met up with my friend Jennifer from Haute Off The Rack in New Orleans (where I am from). We wanted to share with you a favorite spot, Cafe du Monde, located in the heart of the French Quarter and also share casual fall looks that showcase bags from Gigi New York's fall collection.
  • The Bag: The size of the bag is great for a functional cross-body. I easily fit my full size continental wallet in it with plenty of room for my keys, phone (not that it ever leaves my hand), and a few odds and ends. The emerald color is rich when you see it in person and looks great with a fall wardrobe. The strap is adjustable and it has an outer pocket that I slid my baby clutch in. [link]
  • The Leather Jacket: This was a total impulse buy that I have zero regrets about! The leather quality is top-notch and slate blue shade with the cream blocking is interesting in person. The fit is true to size. I ordered an XXS if that helps! [link]
  • The Tee: The tee I'm wearing is designed by a local New Orleans brand, The Elizabeth Chronicles. They have a fun assortment of graphic tees that throw it back to the City of New Orleans. I'd recommend sizing up for a looser fit. [link]
  • The Flats: I grabbed these at Zara recently and have been living in them. They are my go-to flat for walking to work and bouncing around on the weekends. They spice up basic pieces quite nicely, and comfortably. I've been opting for these instead of my nude flats. I typically wear a 37/7 but since Zara does not carry sevens, I went with a 36.5 and they fit great! [link]
  • The Jeans: Jennifer kindly let me borrow these funky military inspired pants. She told me she bought them years ago I wanted to bring them back to life! ShopBop has an edgy selection of military inspired denim if you want to give the trend a try! I'm a big fan of anything and everything Rag and Bone and love this pair of Trench Legging Jeans. I have a pair of their legging jeans in black and highly recommend them if you're looking for a quality pair of denim. [link]
Thanks for reading. Stop by Jennifer's blog, Haute Off The Rack to see details of her outfit and how she styled Gigi New York's Hayden Satchel. Last but not least, I'm announcing the winner of the ASOS Giveaway on Thursday so be sure to stop by and see if you're the lucky one :)--AB

Missoni Spring 2014 | Milan Fashion Week


missoni spring 2014 1 Missoni Spring 2014 | Milan Fashion Week
Missoni Travels for Spring – Missoni’s signature prints were out in full force for the label’s spring 2014 show presented during Milan Fashion Week. Creative director Angela Missoni drew inspiration from global travel with an opening section of birds and ocean waves which transformed into tribal stripes and Eastern color-blocking. Bold colors like orange, mauve, blue or coral are contrasted by black and white for a graphic effect. The Missoni woman wears sarongs, knit sweaters and off the shoulder dresses for the upcoming spring. Her accessories include chunky jewelry with the aforementioned prints, sandals and colorful bags that are ahead of the curb no matter the destination.

One Shoulder High Waist Chiffon Cocktail Dress

One Shoulder High Waist Chiffon Cocktail Dress
Fabric: Chiffon
Style: Slim style, one shoulder, high waist, ruched bodice, curved hemline, mini-length
Washing: Hand wash/dry clean separately, hang dry, iron at low temperature, no chlorine bleaching, less than 22 minutes soak time
A mini cocktail dress is designed with a decorative floral one shoulder strap. This semi-formal cocktail length dress features a ruched bust with gold and silver floral one shoulder strap that encircles the front and winds through the ruching, over the shoulder to catch the back strap. View more Backless Prom Dresses

No comments:

Post a Comment